Sunday, November 9, 2008

Surprise Parties

This weekend we celebrated my Uncle's Birthday! Yeah for 60 years young!! We had dinner at Ghengis Khan (spelling) and had a good time. He was totally surprised! I just love surprising people...not that I really like the surprising for me. hehe :)

Some past burprise birthday's in the last few years.

My sisters and my cousin Rachel helped plan a surprise party for my 30 this year. We had a great time. It was a two day affair. Saturday night we went to Olive Garden and then to a couple bars in the Bay City/Auburn area. I had plenty to drink that night, and let's just say that I almost fell off a chair while I was "toasting" my companions. Sunday afternoon, my family and some friends came to my parents house and we celebrated the afternoon away. It was a nice way to spend a not so wonderful day.

In February, my dad turned 60, and let's just say that we got him big time. My mom, sisters, and my self all got in on the scheming. We had our entire family and our clostest friends there to help us surprise him. It was awesome to have him walk in to the hall and not have a clue as to why he was really there!!!

My grandma turned 75 in 2005, and my mom and her siblings threw her a party. My job was to get her to the school where the party was, and it was no easy task to come up with a reason for her to have to go to the school. I did though, and it worked like a charm. She was even a little upset with us, but got over it when she saw the family and people that she loved sitting at the tables waiting to help her celebrate her big day. Grandma has since gone to heaven, and we all miss her very much.

2 comments:

Banks Family said...

Oh, how cool!!!! What fun! You guys are awesome party planners, for sure!

funky-monkey said...

Hey Hershey. I'm super excited I'm mentioned in your blog, how cool is that! Love your blog, it's rocks! SERIOUSLY!
-- Rachel